Greek's could be Greek's again | Business
If you've been downtown Princeton, you've probably noticed all of the renovations taking place at the former Greek's building.
It saddened many residents to see it closed after being on the square since 1906. The candy store and restaurant was extremely popular in it's heyday and one of it'scustomers was the man who would become famous as Wendy's owner Dave Thomas.
Kyle Johson now owns the building and more than a dozen others on Princeton's square and is renovating it.
Johnson's Chief of Staff, Michelle Prinzing, says the building is now structually sound, has a new roof and new windows.
The first floor will remain boarded up until they find a new tenant, who they hope will open up a restaurant similar to what Greek's used to be like, and possibly keep the same name.
Want more Gibson County news? Bookmark our home page: http://gibsoncounty.14news.com/
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15