Patoka man sentenced for Blue Beacon robbery | Crime
New developments in an armed robbery case in Gibson County. Larry Davis was sentenced to ten years in prison for his role in the January robbery at the Blue Beacon Truck Wash in Haubstadt. He'll receive credit for time served.
Our media partners at the Princeton Daily Clarion report that Davis accepted a plea deal which requires him to testify against co-defendant Branden Walburn.
According to the affidavit, Davis is accused of entering the building and asking for a job application, then pulling out a gun and threatening to kill the employees while demanding money.
Walburn is accused of driving the car to and from the robbery.
Indiana State Police detectives say they received several anonymous tips soon after the armed robbery, which led them to Davis and Walburn.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois