Princeton man sentenced in home burglary cases | Crime
A 20-year-old Princeton man has been sentenced to nine years in state prison following a string of residential burglaries that occurred between November 2011 and January of this year.
Cody R. Stapleton pleaded guilty to three charges of residential burglary and theft according to our media partner, the Princeton Daily Clarion.
Gibson Superior Court Judge Earl Penrod suspended three years of the sentence to probation. With credit for his time already served and good time credit, Stapleton could be released in 4 ½ years.
Stapleton will also have to make restitution to victims whose homes were damaged during the break-ins.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15
- White County Relay for Life 2013 event begins June 21
- Wicked Wheels Car, Truck, Motorcycle, & Antique Tractor Show
- Law enforcement: Concealed carry law to be enforced...for now