Princeton woman sentenced for role in murder plot | Crime
A Princeton woman has been sentenced to 25 years in prison and five years of probation for her role in attempting to have her husband’s ex-wife killed.
Pamela Gardner, 43, was sentenced Tuesday by Gibson County Circuit Court Judge Jeff Meade. She pled guilty to felony charges of conspiracy to commit murder.
Gardner’s husband Jason is already serving a 30-year sentence for trying to hire someone to kill Teresa Hartley Gardner. His plot was foiled when the man he tried to hire was an undercover police officer in a Walmart parking lot.
Pamela Gardner could have her sentence cut in half with good behavior.
At her ex-husband’s sentencing hearing, Teresa Gardner said her former husband tried to kill her several times before being arrested.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois