City Council votes on Princeton's trash rate | News
PRINCETON, IN (WFIE)- The Princeton City Council voted four to zero to raise the city trash pick-up rates.
A study, commissioned by Mayor Cob Hurst, recommended the city raise rates to $16 a month.
However, the council proposed a trash pick up fee of $10 a month. The old rate of $6 a month hadn't been changed since 1992.
The ordinance is expected to pass at the next meeting.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Funding cuts could put an end to river gauge readings on one tri-state river
- Fundraiser planned to help southern IL man battling cancer
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL