Traffic stop leads to three being arrested for DUI | News
GIBSON CO., IN (WFIE)- Indiana State Police arrested three men for driving their motorcycles while intoxicated.
On Sunday around 5:20 p.m., Indiana State Police say they saw three speeding motorcycles northbound on U.S. 41 near the 20 mile-marker and troopers clocked the motorcycles going 75 mph. All three motorcycles were stopped on U.S. 41 south of Fort Branch.
The motorcyclists were identified as Timothy Ota, 35, Douglas Holmes, 43, and Jesse Ervin, 25, who are all from Princeton. Amanda Brandsasse, 28, of Princeton, was a passenger on Ota's motorcycle.
Troopers says that further investigation revealed all three motorcyclists had a blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Ota, Holmes and Ervin were arrested for driving while intoxicated. Brandsasse was arrested for public intoxication.
All four are currently being held on bond in the Gibson County Jail.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15