Gibson CASA director accused of misusing Walmart gift cards | News
GIBSON COUNTY, IN (WFIE)- A former director of the court appointed special advocate program , or CASA, in Gibson county has been charged with theft.
Kathleen Johnson turned herself in to police on Monday.
Gibson County deputies say they've been working this case since December when Casa staff members reported that some wal-mart gift cards given to people in the community had already been used.
Police say Johnson told them she spent about $175 using the gift cards.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois