Princeton PD now touting new tasers | News
PRINCETON, IN (WFIE)- The Princeton Police Department says they're now using new tasers. They say the old tasers have been discounted.
So, several local businessmen donated money for the news ones, which cost $1,000 each. Police say the new tasers are much safer than dealing with deadly force.
"They minimize officer injuries and they also minimize suspect injuries, too because scenarios where you had someone resisting and you had to go hands-on with them, a lot of people were getting hurt, officers and suspects," said Princeton Police Detective Sgt. Derek McGraw. "It gives us a five-second window where we're not having to fight and can get somebody in handcuffs, so injuries are down all the way around the table."
Princeton Police say they're blessed to be in such a supportive community.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fundraiser planned to help southern IL man battling cancer
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County