Two Gibson County post offices will have hours cut back | News
The U.S. Postal Service has announced new hours for two Gibson County Post Offices effective February 9.
According to the Louisville office, the Francisco branch will be open from 12:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. and the Mackey branch will be open only two hours per day--from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
They are two of over 13,000 rural post offices nationwide that will have operating hours cut back in an effort to keep them open as the USPS faces mounting financial losses.
First announced in May, the strategy for low-activity Post Offices in rural areas will match hours of operation with customer use and is expected to save USPS up to $500 million upon completion.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15