Gibson County surveyor wins re-election, loses big lawsuit | News
Gibson County surveyor Michael Stevenson won re-election last Tuesday, earning his third term in office. However, Stevenson recently lost a lawsuit against the county.
"Obviously from a financial stand point we were hoping we wouldn't have to pay out any kind of settlement, so considering the circumstances, it's gone about as good as it could have gone for the county. I think the fact that he was re-elected on Tuesday is really a testament to the kind of work that he's done," Overton said.
Stevenson's attorney, Jeffrey Kolb, declined to comment, saying he would have to speak with his client to see where they'll go from here and if they'll take their case to the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Upcoming Events near Gibson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning