Gibson County Animal Shelter needs to find homes for dogs, cats | News
The Gibson County animal shelter says it is at capacity.
A total of 11 dogs and 28 cats are in need of homes.
Jennifer Tuley with the Gibson County Health Department says the shelter wasn't full during the warm summer months, but has become increasingly crowded with the winter weather ahead.
She says they are trying to be a no-kill shelter, but it's hard when they are already full this early in the winter.
The shelter is hoping those in and around the area will consider adopting one of the animals in need.
If you're interested in donating, volunteering or adopting you can log on to visit the shelter website here.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois