Duke Energy donates $10,000 for workforce training in Princeton | News
PRINCETON, IN (WFIE)- A Princeton organization received a $10,000 check from Duke Energy today.
Communities In Need Of Development Corporation is an organization dedicated to help people upgrade their lives.
The check will go to funding the employment workforce skills enhancement and training program, which is held at the local Ivy Tech branch.
It allows unemployed Gibson County residents free workforce training.
If you are employed or an out of county resident, you can attend the program for a $25.
"This is for everyone who wants to get the opportunity to better themselves and become employed. Employability skills in rural areas is an obstacle," said George Jackson Jr., CINDC president.
If you are interested in entering the program, you can call 812-664-2250. They are trying to get everyone enrolled by January.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local veterans interviewed for documentary
- It's National EMS Week, with a heavy reminder of how needed they are
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday