Officer hit by car while directing traffic at Oakland City school crossing | News
OAKLAND CITY, IN (WFIE)-
An Oakland City Police officer is in the hospital Wednesday night after he was hit by car.
Police Chief Alec Hensley tells 14 News it happened around 3:00 p.m. as Officer Mike Nichols was directing traffic at the school crossing at Franklin and Morton Streets.
Chief Hensley says a driver didn't stop at the intersection and hit another car. The second car then hit Officer Nichols.
Officer Nichols is in ICU with serious injuries.
Another person involved in the accident was also hurt and taken to the hospital. It's not clear if the person was a pedestrian or in one of the cars that crashed.
We will keep you updated.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month