Roads near Pike-Gibson line back open after train derailment | News
GIBSON COUNTY, IN (WFIE)- Troopers tell us State Road 64 on the Pike-Gibson County line is back open after being closed for several hours overnight due to a train derailment.
Pike County dispatch tells 14 News it was a Norfolk train that derailed. There's no word on what the train was hauling or if there were any injuries.
It happened Tuesday night around 11 p.m. near Oakland City.
14 News crews on scene said no cars were turned over or off the tracks, and it appeared other engines were hauling some of the train's cars away.
We'll bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning