Doctor loses medical license after being charged with insurance fraud | News
A plea deal is reached in the case of a former doctor who was charged with insurance fraud.
Authorities say 50-year-old, Christopher May pleaded guilty to one felony charge in the deal and 17 other counts were dropped.
May will not be spending time in jail but will have to surrender his medical license and will be on probation for 36 months.
May was arrested in June of 2012 after state police say he wrote prescription on nine different occasions for 26-year-old Hannah Winkler, under her mother's name.
Winkler was also charged in the case.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois