Antlerless deer season in Gibson County opens December 26 | Sports & Recreation
One of the many changes to deer hunting regulations that were implemented this year will take place when the special antlerless season begins Dec. 26.
The purpose of the extra season is to focus the state’s deer management on counties with high deer densities including Gibson County.
The extra season runs for 12 days and will take place only in counties with a bonus antlerless quota of four or more.
Gibson County can use a bonus antlerless license, deer license bundle, lifetime comprehensive hunting license, lifetime comprehensive hunting/fishing license, or a resident youth hunt/trap license to participate, or they must meet license exemptions.
Deer harvested in this season count toward the bonus antlerless county quota bag limit.
Top Gibson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fracking bill becomes law in Illinois; Quinn predicts jobs potential
- Mt. Carmel looking for Independence Day parade entries
- Thunderstorms, flooding possible in southern IL
- Governor Quinn announces $135,000 for bridge replacement project in Edwards County
- State Police: Truck flips multiple times on IL 15